POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Benchmark_Final (428KB) : Benchmark_Final (428KB) Server Time
15 Aug 2024 06:13:29 EDT (-0400)
  Benchmark_Final (428KB)
From: Jaap Frank
Date: 20 Jul 2002 19:16:34
Message: <3d39ef52@news.povray.org>
Hello,

This is now a correct render of the Benchmark v1.02 with 1152x768.

I've made some slight changes:
-    Gave each Julia a different color.
-    Gave the POV-Ray texts T-stone18 and 21 from "stones.inc".
-    Gave the varies sections of the sockets an ad random shifted texture so
they
     are not casted from one rock any more.
-    Changed the camera angle to 55 (was 45) and the look_at a little bit
higher
     so everything fits in the picture that has a different aspect ratio
then the original.
-    Put Photons to the SuperEllipsoids and the Logo, so every reflecting
object can
     contribute. (You can see a tiny contribution from the Supers, but
nothing from the
     Logo).
-    Changed the pretrace of  the Radiosity to 0.04 - 0.005.

My PIII 450MHz has crawled over this picture with the amazing mean speed of
4.01
pixels per second and it made me clear that it needed a rest for it stopped
working when I closed several windows just after it finished the picture.

Any comment about the changes I made?

Jaap Frank

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'benchmark_jjf_Photon5.jpg' (429 KB)

Preview of image 'benchmark_jjf_Photon5.jpg'
benchmark_jjf_Photon5.jpg