POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Earth(~75KBU) : Re: Updated Earth(~43KBU) Server Time
15 Aug 2024 14:11:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Updated Earth(~43KBU)
From: Ben Lauritzen
Date: 20 Jul 2002 01:22:25
Message: <3d38f391@news.povray.org>
> It looks good, but it doesn't match images from the Shuttles. Watch the
> NASA channel and you'll see what I mean.
>
> Grim

Well, I've studied alot of pictures of the Earth from space, and I just
don't see what you mean...  I also take into account the fact that it's
going to look like a totally different planet at different times, especially
at different distances.  I hope the shuttles don't always go to the altitude
this picture is taken from... I know I don't remember a time they did
recently.