POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Problem with ISO : Re: Problem with ISO Server Time
15 Aug 2024 06:08:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Problem with ISO
From: Marc-Hendrik Bremer
Date: 19 Jul 2002 16:25:40
Message: <3d3875c4@news.povray.org>
"AC" <amb### [at] teliacom> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Povray sugested 30.31... somthing when I tried
> Now I tried 100 at home and that worked... Thanx

Yeah, you really have to love these warnings - they make you feel they know
what they are talking about, but they often don't. (Okay, they do - but you
have take them by the word). They really even change there mind from time to
time (depends on resolution, camera-settings and so on).
If you get artefacts and "holes" in your isosurface just try to find the
warning of that specific isosurface  (might not be easy if you've got
hundreds of them in your scene) and recheck if it tells you something
useful. The are almost always caused by wrong max_gradient-settings.

Marc-Hendrik