POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Earth(~75KBU) : Re: Earth(~75KBU) Server Time
15 Aug 2024 08:16:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Earth(~75KBU)
From: Slime
Date: 18 Jul 2002 23:29:37
Message: <3d3787a1@news.povray.org>
> > The blue glow around it is a little unrealistic. Is the atmosphere
really
> > that high?
> Not really...

Yeah, the blueness of that doesn't really look realistic. If you want the
glow, maybe you should make it closer to white than blue. Up to you.

> > Is the moon the right distance and size?
> I actually think I set it correctly in relation to the earth.

Ah, ok.

One other thing - have you fiddled with the brilliance value? I think it
might look better with a lower brilliance (to make it lighter). Maybe you've
already done this, it's hard to tell. Same for the moon.

 - Slime
[ http://www.slimeland.com/ ]