POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Lutz, Master of the Universe.... : RE: Lutz, Master of the Universe.... Server Time
8 Jul 2024 05:14:10 EDT (-0400)
  RE: Lutz, Master of the Universe....
From: local
Date: 18 Jul 2002 19:19:16
Message: <3d374cf3@news.povray.org>
Txemi Jendrix wrote:

> I still want to see something that can be done with Rhino+Moray+Pov
> and that can't be done with Hamapatch+Moray+Pov...

You'd have to tell me something that "can't" be done with Hamapatch.  I
suspect it may well be more a matter of something being extremely difficult
and time comsuming in Hamapatch vs. just a few moments of clicking and
input in Rhino.  Hamapatch is certainly a good value for the price, but...

> And for those who work in other things that have nothing to do with 3D,
> like me,
> price is a very important thing.
>
> Just my opinion (even though I've tried Rhino only a few times)

I'm a blue collar man myself, but Rhino isn't that hard to justify if you
love 3D and you've used it enough to realize the power it holds.  And once
you do a little searching on the net and find authorized resellers letting
it go for roughly half price, it looks even better.  And it's really the
only reason I still have a windows partition on my HD.

Iborg