POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : vaxis_rotate : Re: vaxis_rotate Server Time
4 Sep 2024 22:18:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: vaxis_rotate
From: Tom Melly
Date: 17 Jul 2002 06:51:34
Message: <3d354c36$1@news.povray.org>
"Rob Brown-Bayliss" <rob### [at] zoismorg> wrote in message
> Hi, I used the following, and obviously expected it to work as I wanted
> but it didn't
>
> #local d1link2 = vaxis_rotate(<-7,0,5>,<0,0,5>,steer);
> #local d2link2 = vaxis_rotate(<-7,0,-5>,<0,0,-5>,steer);
>
> So I am wondering if there is a way to choose which axis it rotates
> around?

vaxis_rotate rotates returns the position of the first point if you rotated it
around the second point using the 3rd parameter as the amount to rotate.

Obviously, the second point doesn't describe an axis direction on its own - the
axis is defined as perpendicular to a line connecting the first and second
points, and passing through the second point.

What's it doing that you don't expect?