POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Glowing thick wire effect? : Re: Glowing thick wire effect? Server Time
15 Aug 2024 08:22:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Glowing thick wire effect?
From: Hugo
Date: 15 Jul 2002 18:46:34
Message: <3d3350ca$1@news.povray.org>
> So there may not be a way to make such a thing?

I think there is, just I'm not good at media.. Other people will probably
tell you how.. But anyway, there might be an alternative to media that will
render quicker. If I understand what you're trying to achieve (a small glow
around the objects) you could use a pigment_map that goes from 'fully
transparant' to 'yellowish' and ends in 'white'.. This is a faked glow
effect..

You could apply this pigment to cylinders, and make up the letters with
those cylinders. But this idea will only give a 'small' glow.. If you're
trying to get a big 'fog' around the objects, also visible from far away,
then you need media.

Regards,
Hugo