POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Glowing thick wire effect? : Glowing thick wire effect? Server Time
15 Aug 2024 08:18:25 EDT (-0400)
  Glowing thick wire effect?
From: Patrick Dugan
Date: 15 Jul 2002 16:34:01
Message: <3d3331b9@news.povray.org>
Probably a simple problem for most of you but not me apparently.   I am
trying to create some thick glowing wire shapes.  The end
result (maybe) will be the numbers 0 through 9 incorporated into a vacuum
tube called a "Nixie" tube.

Anyway I am trying to make a simple shape (shown in the code below) of a
number "1" but the color of the object is bright yellow and I want it orange
looking.  The "NixieColor" is what I have tried to use everywhere a color is
involved to keep everything consistent.  The light coming from the object
looks okay but the color of the object itself is too yellow.  (The
background the objects are next to is white)  If I reduce the color of the
objects then the light color is way too dark.  If I reduce the f or t
setting then I get the odd effect where the sphere and the cylinder
interact.  Of course these are supposed to be solid glowing things that emit
light.

How can I get the whole mess consistent in color?  Am I going about this the
wrong way?  I really want the object(s) to emit light and glow.

#declare NixieColor = color rgbft<1.00,0.5,0.00,1,1>;

#declare Number1 =
union {
   cylinder {<0,-0.95,0>,<0,0.95,0>,0.1}
   sphere {<0,-0.95,0>,0.1}
   sphere {<0, 0.95,0>,0.1}
 pigment {NixieColor}
   hollow
   interior {
      media {
   emission NixieColor
     scattering { 1, NixieColor}
   intervals 1
   samples 20
   method 3
      }
   }
   no_shadow
}

#declare NixieNumber1 =
union {
   object{Number1}
   light_source {
      <0, 0, 0>
      NixieColor
      looks_like {Number1}
      fade_distance 1
      fade_power 2
   }
   photons {target reflection on collect off}
}

object{NixieNumber1 translate <-5,-5,0> scale 0.25}

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'Image1.jpg' (8 KB) Download 'Image2.jpg' (7 KB)

Preview of image 'Image1.jpg'
Image1.jpg

Preview of image 'Image2.jpg'
Image2.jpg