POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Loneliness WIP (85kbu) : Re: Loneliness WIP (85kbu) Server Time
15 Aug 2024 14:15:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Loneliness WIP (85kbu)
From: Philippe Debar
Date: 14 Jul 2002 14:01:38
Message: <3d31bc82$1@news.povray.org>
"Christopher James Huff" <chr### [at] maccom> wrote in message
news:chr### [at] netplexaussieorg...
> In article <3D317E56.AE1030C5@attglobal.net>,
>  "William F. Pokorny" <pok### [at] attglobalnet> wrote:
>
> > Thanks for this great tip!   I have been adding shadowless lights
> > just about everywhere but at the camera position to adjust ambient
> > levels.....
> >
> > Do you recommend using the shadowless option for the light at the
camera?

If the light is at the camera, you will see no shadow projected by that
light - directly that is. So adding shadowless should not change the shadows
of your image but you may gain time.

Moreover, the shadowless light will give o highlights (phong or diffuse),
wich is very good for a fill light.

Povingly,

Philippe