POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : cpu usage histogram : Re: cpu usage histogram Server Time
4 Sep 2024 22:18:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: cpu usage histogram
From: hughes b
Date: 13 Jul 2002 18:55:26
Message: <3d30afde@news.povray.org>
"Rafal 'Raf256' Maj" <raf### [at] raf256com> wrote in message
news:Xns### [at] 204213191226...
> "hughes b" <omn### [at] charternet> wrote in
>
> > Histogram_Grid_Size=320.240
> > So if the original is Width=640 and Height=480 you will get 2x2
> > blocks.
>
> but how to get 1x1 or 2x2 block in EVERY image width/height ?

Not sure I know what you're asking. If Width=640 and Height=480 then you use
Histogram_Grid_Size=640.480 (is a period, not comma) for it to become a
pixel for pixel image output. So using half the original resolution makes it
2 by 2, using quarter makes it 4 by 4 block sizes.
You simply must specify according to the image output resolution chosen for
the scene.

> btw. while experimating with diffrent ini options - some strange files
> afair *.rca or .rc5 were created instead of histogram. WHat are thoes
files
> ?

Temporary files used for making PNG output, if I'm remembering that right.
They can get left behind when you cancel a render I guess. I can't search
the newsgroups at this time to check about that though so I could be wrong.

bob h