POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : Pov 3.5 OSX - not 100% CPU : Re: Pov 3.5 OSX - not 100% CPU Server Time
18 May 2024 05:34:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Pov 3.5 OSX - not 100% CPU
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 13 Jul 2002 04:03:53
Message: <3d2fdee9@news.povray.org>
"Jonathan Morton" <chr### [at] chromatixdemoncouk> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:3D2### [at] chromatixdemoncouk...
> Having just installed POV-Ray 3.5 on my PowerBook G3, running MacOS
> 10.1.5, I was a bit surprised to see it using only about 50-70% CPU,
> even with nothing else running and the "Friendliness" set to
> "Tyrrannical".  This seems to be independent of whether Preview is
> switched on, or the particular scene file in use.
>
> Is anyone else seeing this?

This is normal. Under Mac OS X no application may hog the whole CPU.
Thus POV-Ray cannot get as much CPU time as under Mac OS 9.  For this
reason the documentation/requirements recommend using Mac OS 9 for
maximum render speed.

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich
e-mail: mac### [at] povrayorg