POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Visual C : Visual C Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:24:03 EDT (-0400)
  Visual C
From: Fox Neilson
Date: 11 Jul 2002 13:32:15
Message: <3d2dc11f$1@news.povray.org>
Hi all,

A few years back I used povray a LOT, and was getting rather good at it.  I
haven't touched it at all for about 3 years and have finally decided that
I'd like to start again.  During those 3 years I have started using Visual C
for most of my programming, and now I can only stand to program either in
Visual C or vi.  I am just too used to those environments, and as great as
the povray editor is, its not the same as my editor.  I have had great
success with making many different compilers work with Visual C.  The only
thing needed is to be able to run the compiler as command line only.  I
would like to do the same with povray so that I can simply hit a button in
Visual C and render an image.

So here is my actual question.  How can I configure Visual C to work like
this with povray, so that the output from the render will appear in the
Visual C output window?  If some one can just tell me how to run povray in
windows without the GUI I can figure the rest out.  However if anyone is
actually doing this, and has more information on integrating the two I would
to see that as well.

Thank you very much,

Fox

p.s. Since I am not currently a very active user on this newsgroup (athough
I most likely will be in the near future) I would appreciate it if responces
where emailed to me.