POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Photon problems? : Re: Photon problems? Server Time
15 Aug 2024 08:18:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Photon problems?
From: TinCanMan
Date: 10 Jul 2002 11:27:24
Message: <3d2c525c@news.povray.org>
> I've posted the source for the scene in povray.text.scene-files.  I
> wouldn't think the scene is scaled abnormally.  The sphere is one
> pov-unit in radius.  The camera is location<-7,6,-4>.  I'm stumped.
>
> -- Jeff

Yeah I see that now.  I think it is as ingo said.  The light source is too
close to the object.  The resulting photons get spread out too much to cover
the entire object. In order to get smoother results at this distance you
need to play with the various settings, either increase 'count' or deacrease
'spacing' (use only one of the two as they mutually exclusive, only one is
used if both are specified), also try increasing 'radius'.

-tgq