POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Silly.. 8-( : Re: Silly.. 8-( Server Time
15 Aug 2024 08:26:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Silly.. 8-(
From: Thomas Charron
Date: 9 Jul 2002 19:31:23
Message: <3d2b724b@news.povray.org>
> I assume you are using Hamapatch.
> Your problem is that you are using only 8 points to make a heart, you need
> more.
> The problem at the bottom is an effect of the "only 8 points" and the way
> you closed the patches.

  Aye, it's the 'closing the patches' that I'm starting to understand..

    So, my next question.  I started 'looking at it' differently.  And this
is the quickie result of what I'm starting to understand..  These images
have the hamapatch loaded, and rendered.  Why does the rendering have those,
umm, 'bumpies'?  It seems I always encounter problems when I'm trying to
make what amounts to the 'intersections' of the splines.  What exactly is
the 'proper way' to close splines?

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'screenrend.jpg' (22 KB) Download 'screen.jpg' (147 KB)

Preview of image 'screenrend.jpg'
screenrend.jpg

Preview of image 'screen.jpg'
screen.jpg