POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Silly.. 8-( : Silly.. 8-( Server Time
15 Aug 2024 08:22:32 EDT (-0400)
  Silly.. 8-(
From: Thomas Charron
Date: 9 Jul 2002 15:58:31
Message: <3d2b4067@news.povray.org>
Ok, this is going to sound silly, but when it comes to all these meshes,
patches, etc..  etc..  I feel like a total noob.  I understand splines, in a
way.  But heres what I dont get.  How come they 'look funny' at times.  Is
it simply a matter of using to few points?  Heres an example of something
using a simple 8 points to make a heart.  I'm just messing with it, but I've
always had a hard time understanding splines that get turned into bicubic
patches.

    Are there any pages that better describe the process and math involved?
It seems when I try, I always end up with a 'pincusion' effect here and
there.

    Yes, these are nasty pics, but they are pretty much rendered direct from
Hamapatch, and I didnt bother to change them much, but you'll get the gist.
Any decent documents out there splines, and 3d surfaces and the such?  I AM
really good with math and the such, but more on the trig, etc, side, not on
these 3d surfaces and the such..  8-(

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'test2.jpg' (21 KB) Download 'test.jpg' (20 KB)

Preview of image 'test2.jpg'
test2.jpg

Preview of image 'test.jpg'
test.jpg