POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Yay : Yay Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:21:22 EDT (-0400)
  Yay
From: TinCanMan
Date: 9 Jul 2002 09:29:49
Message: <3d2ae54d$1@news.povray.org>
I started a render last night and found my Beta had expired this morning, so
I couldn't do anything until it was finished.  Then when I went to get the
new Beta, lo and behold! the final release!  and a new website to boot!
Good work to all involved and congrats (now git yer butts working on 4 ;)).

I have a question though, where do we discuss any new bugs or issues now?

I came across a tiny one last night:
In the insert menu for global photons there is an entry for a keyword
called 'steps'. Using 'steps' creates an error (I can't remember exactly
what it says, I'm running a render and I can't start a new instance because
my beta has expired), seemingly it's not a valid keyword for photons.  It
also doesn't appear anywhere in the docs.  Also 'steps' is highlighted as a
keyword still.

But I'm not gonna cry over this.

Congrats again!
And to CJC: good work on the real-time rendering ;)

-tgq