POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Black Seas Barracuda finished (link) : Re: Black Seas Barracuda finished (link) Server Time
15 Aug 2024 08:21:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Black Seas Barracuda finished (link)
From: Hugo
Date: 8 Jul 2002 02:58:09
Message: <3d293801$1@news.povray.org>
> I finally added load_file to the radiosity too so I can rerender
> it faster, but that's not what made it magically speed up, since
> this was the render I saved the rad data from...

That's pretty strange. You rendered this picture in a two-pass and it took
less time than earlier? Well.... How do you load the rad file? Because if
you replace the rad settings with a "load" then you don't get the same
radiosity.. I.e. the radiosity applied is not the same as when you use a
one-pass.. The saved file does not contain all information about how it
should be treated when applied to the scene.

Regards,
Hugo