POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Cube fractals again: traditional method vs. K's union method (8 x JPG 800 x 600, 304 KB) : Re: Cube fractals again: traditional method vs. K's union method (8 x JPG 800 x 600, 304 KB) Server Time
15 Aug 2024 16:25:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Cube fractals again: traditional method vs. K's union method (8 x JPG 800 x 600, 304 KB)
From: K
Date: 8 Jul 2002 00:11:32
Message: <3d2910f4@news.povray.org>
Hey Yadgar
I adapted Tim Nikias' macro to your fractal, and it worked for every level i
tried it for.
I then ran a few timed tests just to see which method worked the best.
It turns out that all 3 ran for the same length of time.
The only glitch was the too many nested objects problem with your method.
Of all 3 methods, Tim's is by far the easiest to read write and maintain.

Thanks to you both, this has been quite enlightening.

PS
sorry for the reply to your email (oops)