POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Metal texture/normal gurus.. : Re: Metal texture/normal gurus.. Server Time
15 Aug 2024 10:20:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Metal texture/normal gurus..
From: Jaime Vives Piqueres
Date: 4 Jul 2002 14:53:46
Message: <3d2499b9@news.povray.org>
Patrick Dugan wrote:
> 3.9.2.2  Blending Normals
> Normals can be layered similar to pigments but the results can be
> unexpected. Let's try that now by editing the sphere as follows.
>
>   sphere {
>     <0,0,0>, 1
>     pigment { Gray75 }
>       normal { radial frequency 10 }
>       normal { gradient y scale .2 }
>   }

  Oops! My fault for not RTFM entirely, I usually read directly the syntax
reference. The section on the syntax chapter seems to induce to think that
only one instance is permited. At least that layering-blending capability
is not mentioned at all... but thast's the nice thing about POV, it can do
so many things that you are always learning. Great!

  But now, I'm curious about how it looks...  another thing for my "pending
tests" list! :(

--
Jaime Vives Piqueres

La Persistencia de la Ignorancia