POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Metal texture/normal gurus.. : Re: Metal texture/normal gurus.. Server Time
15 Aug 2024 10:17:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Metal texture/normal gurus..
From: Patrick Dugan
Date: 4 Jul 2002 13:55:58
Message: <3d248c2e@news.povray.org>
I was scanning the sections on normals and the example here seems to show
the same
doubling of normals that I used. The docs says they will be blended rather
than only using the
last one.
3.9.2.2  Blending Normals
Normals can be layered similar to pigments but the results can be
unexpected. Let's try that now by editing the sphere as follows.

  sphere {
    <0,0,0>, 1
    pigment { Gray75 }
      normal { radial frequency 10 }