POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : A test render (78kbu) : Re: A test render (78kbu) Server Time
15 Aug 2024 10:24:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A test render (78kbu)
From: Tony[B]
Date: 3 Jul 2002 01:54:08
Message: <3d229180@news.povray.org>
> That texture really is neat and realistic.

Why thank you! :) But do note that the "environment" is an important
component of the texture.

> How is it made?

Something like this... (if I haven't changed it since this post...)

#declare LayerA =
texture
{
 pigment
 {
  planar turbulence 0.2
  scale max_extent(Pot).y
  color_map
  {
   [0.0 rgb <0.50,1,0.50>/12]
   [0.7 rgb <0.30,1,0.50>/6]
   [1.0 rgb <0.25,1,0.75>/24]
  }
 }
 finish
 {
  reflection {0.1 metallic
  metallic
 }
 normal
 {
  bozo warp {turbulence 0.5}
  scale 3 bump_size 1
 }
}

#declare LayerB =
texture
{
 pigment {rgbf 1}
 finish
 {
  reflection {0,1 fresnel}
  specular 0.125 roughness 0.01
 }
}

#declare PotTex =
texture {LayerA}
texture {LayerB}

#declare PotMat =
material
{
 texture {PotTex}
 interior {ior 1.4}
}

> Two passes to first create radiosity data and then render with final
> resolution, or for what?

One pass for radiosity data without reflections at a low resolution, and the
final at a high resolution with reflections.