POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Bauhaus chess WIP : Re: Bauhaus chess WIP Server Time
15 Aug 2024 10:16:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bauhaus chess WIP
From: Stefan Persson
Date: 2 Jul 2002 13:55:17
Message: <3d21e905@news.povray.org>
> Nice chess set!
Thank you.

> Maybe we should collect an archive of good chess sets in pov :)
> I've got a model for a Mann Ray chess set (I posted that some
> time ago... 2-4 months or something)...

Why not? But I use Moray.. soo.. ?

> The comments I have concern only texture: too shiny. Make it
> rough, scratch'd, bumpy... something. This looks too clean.

I'm working on it. Like people said here, RGB<0,0,0> is not
that good. They are a bit bumpy but it doesn't show very well
because of that.

> and... what is the round thing? Clock button? Smoke-absorbing
> ashtray?
Yes, it's a fast modelled ashtray in Bauhaus style. I remember it
from the Bauhuas museum in Berlin, but as I don't have any pics
of it right now I just made a quick model.

/Stefan