POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : a glass of tea : Re: a glass of tea Server Time
15 Aug 2024 10:24:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: a glass of tea
From: Giuseppe Pantanetti
Date: 28 Jun 2002 22:05:44
Message: <3d1d15f8@news.povray.org>
I made the glass principally with cones and cylinders using toruses and
spheres to soften the edges while the handle is a merge of bicubic patches.

Some month ago I modeled the same glass with Blender so in my first attempt
with Pov-ray I tried to reuse if but I found it was too faceted. With not
too much difficulty I managed to model it with the CSG technique producing a
full detailed model.

The table is indeed oversaturated... I'll reduce the phong and specular
effect.

Is green really not-typical in CG? Why?

Thanks,

    Seppe