POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Pov-Ray Render Windows? : Re: Pov-Ray Render Windows? Server Time
4 Sep 2024 22:16:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Pov-Ray Render Windows?
From: bob h
Date: 27 Jun 2002 04:36:26
Message: <3d1ace8a@news.povray.org>
"Marc-Hendrik Bremer" <Mar### [at] t-onlinede> wrote in message
> "maheshtd" <mah### [at] onetelnetuk> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> > I created an still image in PovRay. The Render Window is 120 by 160
pixels
> > wide, when i render the scene it looks fine but as soon i switch to
higher
> > screen size such as 320 by 340 pixels. The image in the scene becomes
> > distorted and messy. Would I have to change the code for the new window
> > size. How do i fix this problem.
>
> If you change the ratio between the image width and height, than you have
> modify your camera statement respectively. I.e. if you render 120 by 160
> pixel, that is a ratio of 3/4. You would specify this by something like
>
> right 4/3*x
>
> in your camera statement.

Unless of course 120 wide by 160 high was intended.

> 320 by 340 Pixel is a totally different ratio. So, you have to change the
> camera, too (f.e. right 17/16*x if I do not mix something up).
>
> I hope I got your question right and could be of some help.

Nothing wrong with using the exact same numbers taken from the resolution,
ie. right 320/340. Reducing fractions isn't always something you might want
to be taking time to do for uncommon ones.  ;-)  In fact, remember, POV-Ray
3.5 will do this with the new keywords like so: right
image_width/image_height. Then there isn't even any confusion over which is
which.

bob h