POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : A test render (78kbu) : Re: A test render (78kbu) Server Time
15 Aug 2024 10:22:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A test render (78kbu)
From: Hugo
Date: 24 Jun 2002 04:18:14
Message: <3d16d5c6$1@news.povray.org>
> I'm currently frustrated at 3D modelers. You see people modeling
> amazing things like heads and whole characters! When I try to do
> the same, things don't turn out quite right.... Maybe it's the tools
> I'm using (Amapi, HamaPatch, Rhino....)

I know what you mean, I tried those programs too and none of them worked as
I desired.. But I found something nice! I strongly encourage you to try out
"Wings3d" that is an efficient and easy polygon modeller. I guarantee you'll
be able to use it very quickly.

It still needs skill to model beautiful things (fortunately) and the
principles of polygon modelling is not the answer to everything, but it has
some forces. It's not a replacement for modelling with POV but a nice
additional tool.

The program is freeware and under development. At the moment it's not a
texturing or animation tool, but supports common file formats, and has
direct output to POV mesh2 (via a plugin).. However, the plugin currently
doesn't work with the newest version of Wings3d, so I use an older version:
0.94.1.. You may have a look at: www.wings3d.com and let me know if you have
questions.  :o)

Regards,
Hugo