POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : A test render (78kbu) : Re: A test render (78kbu) Server Time
15 Aug 2024 10:19:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A test render (78kbu)
From: Tony[B]
Date: 23 Jun 2002 22:03:33
Message: <3d167df5@news.povray.org>
> Hmm... mysterious. A clean dish, empty except for a ball. A dog
> thanking it's owner for a good meal, perhaps?

Um, if you like. I meant nothing by it. :)

> Nice modeling of the dish.

Thank you!

> I'm currently frustrated at 3D modelers.

I think that unless you move into big name modelers you don't get the power
you need. And even then there is a lot of stuff that you wish you could do,
but that the modeler you're using can't manage (or at least not in a
straightforward manner). This is why studios have to jump around between
several packages to get the job done. :P

> Realistic lighting you used, too.

I used a simple planar on a sphere, and two lights, nothing fancy... I think
it's the texture more than the lighting that brings out that realistic
touch.

> Nice little touch the radiosity
> produced with the slight caustics
> near the bottom corners of the dish.

That's where the artifacts I removed were. I used 'smart-blur' to make them
into what you see. Before, they were just ugly bands of light and dark.