POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Radiosity and Animation : Re: Radiosity and Animation Server Time
19 Jul 2024 17:26:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Radiosity and Animation
From: TinCanMan
Date: 21 Jun 2002 08:56:42
Message: <3d13228a@news.povray.org>
"Greg M. Johnson" <gregj:-)565### [at] aolcom> wrote in message
> Nice looking, but I wonder if this scene does not put the
> spottiness-of-radiosity-in-animation to its full test...

Probably not. This was done with a moving camera and stationary objects
which can take advantage of th load_file and save_file options.  The problem
lies with moving objects where the radiosity has to be calculated for every
scene to get proper results, but due to the nature of the way radiosity is
calculated, the results will 1) take considerably longer and 2) probably not
be able to avoid the spotiness or flickering problem (without ridiculously
high settings, see 1)

-tgq