POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Radiosity and Animation : Re: Radiosity and Animation Server Time
19 Jul 2024 17:24:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Radiosity and Animation
From: Slime
Date: 19 Jun 2002 22:31:05
Message: <3d113e69@news.povray.org>
> Sorry, could you explain this a bit more? I want to use rad in an
> animation - are you saying that your method accelerated the render and
> improved the quality? If so, could you run this past me step by step?

I believe the method he used was:

1. render a still image of the scene with radiosity, saving the radiosity.
Make sure you can see as much of the surface area of objects as possible.

2. Render the animation, loading the saved radiosity data for each frame,
with always_sample off. Don't change the radiosity file at all while
rendering the animation.

This method, I assume, only works for scenes where the camera is moving, but
not if the objects are moving.

 - Slime
[ http://www.slimeland.com/ ]