POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : First encounter - A rubber duck story : Re: First encounter - A rubber duck story Server Time
15 Aug 2024 12:20:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: First encounter - A rubber duck story
From: sylvain louret
Date: 19 Jun 2002 11:57:50
Message: <3d10a9fe@news.povray.org>
Well, sorry for the html format and the size of the image. The beak and leg
were done using Hamapatch, a good amount of patience, and some head
scratching to understand why patches were disappearing strangely. They are
actually quite simple objects once you've made them. I've tried to convert
these bezier patches to meshes, to keep memory requirements down, but didn't
succed.

I wanted to get a kind of wet effect on the plane (droplets). Somehow,
reflections are probably a bit too blurred by the plane normals. By the way,
thanks Christoph for the great radiosity tutorial on your web site !

Thanks for your comments !

Sylvain

3d1092b9$1@news.povray.org...