POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Marbles - YIP (14kb) : Re: Marbles - YIP (14kb) Server Time
15 Aug 2024 12:20:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Marbles - YIP (14kb)
From: Richard Dault
Date: 18 Jun 2002 10:41:38
Message: <3d0f46a2$1@news.povray.org>
Thanks.

I originally rendered them semi-transparent, but then remembered that most
of them were solid.  That's just a minor detail though since all I have to
do is change the texture.  I haven't concentrated on textures yet, just the
swirl itself.

I currently have it as a macro where I can control the size of the swirl as
well as how many 'tips' it has.  I'm also going to add some randomization to
the swirl curvature.  Right now, they are all identical.

As for the swirl, I'll post my code in a couple of days.  I would like to
clean it up a little and add a few more things.  But meanwhile, if you want
to know how I did it, I used parametric equations and then convert them into
mesh2 format using a macro created by Ingo Janssen.

I got the idea and looked at the source from Mike's amazing isosurface
tutorial found here: http://www.econym.demon.co.uk/isotut/index.htm.  Just
look up section 12.  Then from Mike's site (sorry, I don't know his last
name, it's not posted anywhere), I found Ingo's macro
http://members.home.nl/seedseven/.
The rest was easy.  These two guys deserve all the credit.