POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Marbles - YIP (14kb) : Re: Marbles - YIP (14kb) Server Time
15 Aug 2024 12:20:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Marbles - YIP (14kb)
From: Harold Baize
Date: 17 Jun 2002 18:35:33
Message: <3d0e6435$1@news.povray.org>
Failed? Heck no. Those are much better than the
cat eye marbles I modeled years ago. Some suggestions:
Make the center color object a little smaller, since the
glass sphere acts as a magnifier. Maybe a little more twist
too. Also, as I remember them, the center color swirl is
transparent, or was for some of them. Care to share the
center shape? I modeled those back with POV 3.0 and
just used untwisted elongated crossed discs for the
center color.

Harold