POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Hopper Car #2 : Re: Hopper Car #2 Server Time
15 Aug 2024 12:21:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Hopper Car #2
From: Sean Johnson
Date: 16 Jun 2002 21:50:05
Message: <3d0d404d$1@news.povray.org>
Thankya,

The trucks were built first in a span of about 2 weeks in my spare time,
give about 2 hours of that to finding a diagram of a truck.
They were to be used with an older model I had but the complexity of the
trucks stood out too much against the simplistic modelling of the car, so I
decided to make a detailed, good model.

99% modelled in Rhino3d, done over about 5 weeks time, whenever spare time
was available.. probably 20+ hours invested in modelling. Another 6 tracking
down useful web sites with diagrams and photos...

Outputed as several udo's and then combined in Moray where procedural
textures (mostly layered) were also built and applied (TONS of tweaking - 4
hours or more possibly)

I'm working on a 466mhz Celeron (poor me), It took close to 45 mins to
render I think. Radiosity - 200 count, .05 error bound, nearest count 12.

As for the textures and such, I'm pretty sure that's me (graphtallica's my
texture site)

news:410### [at] 3-enet...