POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : image map : Re: image map (cylindrical warping?) Server Time
26 Sep 2024 19:50:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: image map (cylindrical warping?)
From: bob h
Date: 15 Jun 2002 21:42:57
Message: <3d0bed21@news.povray.org>
(http://www.winter-privat.de/bottle2.jpg)
> this one is with pigment map for the lower label

Coming back late on this. I am not much on using 'warp', expecially the new
types, so all I could do is:

camera {
  location  <1,3,-5>
  right     x*image_width/image_height
  look_at   <0,2,0>
}

light_source {
  <-30, 30, -30>,
  color rgb 1
}

plane {
  y, -0.001
  texture {
    pigment { checker color rgb <1,1,0> color rgb <0,1,0> }
  }
}

cylinder {
  0, 2*y, 1
  texture {
    pigment {
      image_map {
        png "testlabel.png" // I used 300 by 300 res. for this
        interpolate 2
        once
        filter 255, 2/3 // set a pallete index to filtered value
      }
      warp {
        cylindrical
        orientation z
        dist_exp 0
        }
      rotate -90*y
      scale <1,2,1>
    }
  }
 scale <1,2,1>
}

This wraps around like map_type 2 in image_map but I couldn't get the effect
Warp mentioned. I scaled and changed dist_exp only to get a distorted label,
apparently similar to your outcome, ulli.
Either I misunderstood or I didn't hit upon the correct transformation.

bob h