POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Blurred Reflection, again (+ source) : Re: Blurred Reflection, again (+ source) Server Time
15 Aug 2024 12:20:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Blurred Reflection, again (+ source)
From: TinCanMan
Date: 13 Jun 2002 12:29:52
Message: <3d08c880@news.povray.org>
I have had a look at the noise_generator info as suggested.
The following image shows the results using the 3 noise_generators, 1, 2 and
3 (in that order, top to bottom).  The docs state that 0 is also valid but
doesn't say what it is, I am assuming that 0 would force it to use whatever
gets set as the default type, can anyone verify (should this be added to the
docs somewhere?).

Secondly, I would like some feedback here regarding the macro.
Would it be prefered to
1) add (yet) another variable for the user to set the generator type
or
2) force a specific generator type and if so, which one?

Thanks for the info all.

-tgq

PS. I will post the resulting macro in one of the scene-file groups.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'BlurMcro.JPG' (40 KB)

Preview of image 'BlurMcro.JPG'