POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Blurred Reflection, again (+ source) : Blurred Reflection, again (+ source) Server Time
15 Aug 2024 12:19:01 EDT (-0400)
  Blurred Reflection, again (+ source)
From: TinCanMan
Date: 13 Jun 2002 09:31:55
Message: <3d089ecb@news.povray.org>
Hello again, I have finally prepared my blurred reflection macro for
distribution.  'BlurRefl.pov' contains the macro plus a sample scene showing
how to use it.  The macro uses fresnel reflection and needs POV 3.5 (3.1
won't work, I'm not sure about megaPOV).  Because it uses fresnel reflection
which needs an ior value, the macro creates a material as opposed to just a
texture (for metal use high iors such as 15 to 25).

'BlurRefl.jpg' illustrates some of the various variables available in the
macro (sorry if there are a lot of jpg artifacts, but I needed to get the
image to a reasonable size for posting).

Layout of image:
T=blur type
R=waveform
D=blur depth
S=# blur samples

the first 4 columns show the effects of the different blur types and wave
form types,
Column 1: T=1, isotropic blur
Column 1: T=2, radial blur
Column 1: T=3, anisotropic horizontal
Column 1: T=4, anisotropic vertical
Row 1: R=0, ramp_wave
Row 2: R=1, triangle_wave
Row 3: R=2, sine_wave
Row 4: R=3, scallop_wave
Row 5: R=4, cubic_wave
Row 6: R=5, poly_wave 0.5  (WF=50.5)
Row 7: R=6, poly_wave 2.0  (WF=52.0)
each of these uses a blur depth (D) of 0.1 and 10 blur samples (S)

column 5 shows the effects of blur depth
each image uses 10 samples, triangle_wave and radial blur (my favourite!)

column 6 shows the effects of the number of samples
each image uses 0.1 blur depth, triangle_wave and radial blur

Please use the macro as you see fit and give any comments, criticism and
suggestions.

Enjoy

-tgq

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'BlurRefl.JPG' (184 KB) Download 'BlurRefl.pov.txt' (5 KB)

Preview of image 'BlurRefl.JPG'
BlurRefl.JPG