POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Starship Enterprise from original series : Re: Starship Enterprise from original series Server Time
15 Aug 2024 18:19:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Starship Enterprise from original series
From: Scott Gammans
Date: 13 Jun 2002 08:52:08
Message: <3d089578@news.povray.org>
I probably won't abandon POV-Ray completely. One thing that I have already
found POV-Ray to be great at is creating bump maps for things like hull
plating, for example. Since I've already busted my budget getting LW and
taking the art course, I'll probably continue to use POV-Ray for things like
that instead of going out and buying, say, Adobe Illustrator.

Scott GammansWashington, DC

"Hugo" <hua### [at] post3teledk> wrote in message
> Hmm, you shouldn't give up POV-Ray completely.  ;o)  Hint hint.. Seriously
> think it's a powerful language where you can do certain things very quick
> and easily (with a little practice, as with everything). But I also
realize
> the power of polygon modellers. So, why don't you mix the two?  :o)  I've
> tried and decided this is the way I'll go... However I don't use Lightwave
> but Wings3d, which is a freeware polygon modeller that people say is
great,
> and I agree. Anyway, be sure to take advantage of your course, and I would
> like to see your future work, posted here unless it's off-topic for
POV-Ray