POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : image map : Re: image map Server Time
26 Sep 2024 19:49:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: image map
From: bob h
Date: 13 Jun 2002 00:23:58
Message: <3d081e5e@news.povray.org>
"ulli" <ull### [at] gmxde> wrote in message news:3D0### [at] gmxde...
> iv got another problem with my beer bottle. the labels are should only
> be once on the bottle, but they are each twice (horizontal)

Yes, because the default (planar type) mapping is infinitely thick. You
would need to either use map_type 2 (cylindrical) instead or slice the
bottle in half vertically then apply the image map texture to one half and
leave other half without it (for example, but whatever way you want to go
about that). Obviously cylindrical mapping is easiest, you just need to
compensate for it in the image used to wrap it, leaving plenty of blank
space.  pi * height, for the dimensions.

bob h