POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : QuickTime / qtvrPanorama.pov : Re: QuickTime / qtvrPanorama.pov Server Time
5 Sep 2024 00:15:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: QuickTime / qtvrPanorama.pov
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 12 Jun 2002 10:29:40
Message: <3d075ad4@news.povray.org>
In article <3d067616@news.povray.org> , "Thorsten Froehlich"
<tho### [at] trfde> wrote:

>> Where can I find "Make QTVR Panorama" for
>> my PC (Windows or Linux version, doesn't matter)?
>
> There is a PC version of a similar program somewhere on Apple's site.  The
> program requires QuickTime, so you can only run it under Mac OS or Windows.

To be more precise, Apple distributes it as part of their sample code, just
like the Mac version of it originally was a simple demo program that came
with the QuickTime SDK.

To make the long story short, the download for various demo apps that allow
you to easily create QTVR movies is:

<http://developer.apple.com/samplecode/Sample_Code/
QuickTime/QuickTime_VR/VRMakePano.htm>

Those archives usually contain the executable along with the source code,
but some only contain source code.  I checked, and the VRMakePano archive
contains the executable.  Of course, as it is only a developer demo app it
isn't exactly well tested and probably will be a bit tricky to use, but
apart from that, it should do the job :-)

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich
e-mail: mac### [at] povrayorg

I am a member of the POV-Ray Team.