POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Crayons (22kb) : Re: Crayons (22kb) Server Time
15 Aug 2024 12:16:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Crayons (22kb)
From: TinCanMan
Date: 11 Jun 2002 15:40:20
Message: <3d065224$1@news.povray.org>
"Richard Dault" <rda### [at] NOSPAMentredeacom> wrote in message
> Here is my attempt at a realistic render. I'm not satisfied with it yet.
> I'd like to improve the paper's texture and get rid of the jaggies on the
> black stripe (look at the cyan crayon - it doesn't show as much once I
> converted to jpeg).

If possible, try to make a procedural texture using the 'object' pattern
(POV 3.5) rather than an image map for the crayon paper. I often prefer to
use this method instead of image maps wherever possible. If you can do this
you should be able to improve upon the look (and virtually remove the
jaggies) of the paper.

Also, are you using an ambient value other than 0 in the paper pigment?  (To
me) this often hinders the realism of the image, making objects appear to
'glow' somewhat. I prefer to use zero for ambient, and tweak the diffuse
property for radiosity.

-tgq