POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : animation with radiosity : Re: animation with radiosity Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:18:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: animation with radiosity
From: Slime
Date: 7 Jun 2002 18:53:52
Message: <3d013980@news.povray.org>
> shadows behave quite strange. I believe it is because of the radiosity?

Yup.

> Do you know how to fix/minimize it?

I've never tried it myself, but give this a shot: set up your camera for a
still frame, and strategically place mirrors (perhaps spherical ones) in
places that don't block your view of the important parts of the image, but
that help you to see underneath objects and such that you couldn't
otherwise. Try to get a view in which you can see everything. Then run
reasonably high quality radiosity on it, and save the settings.

Then remove the mirrors and load the saved settings for each frame in your
animation.

Just an idea.

 - Slime
[ http://www.slimeland.com/ ]