POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Caustic issues : Caustic issues Server Time
15 Aug 2024 14:20:44 EDT (-0400)
  Caustic issues
From: Oldstench
Date: 6 Jun 2002 15:30:26
Message: <3cffb852@news.povray.org>
Hello all,
    I have not posted in a long, long time, but now I am back doing some
raytracing and I need some help (go figure..). Anyway, I have been using Max
recently with the Brazil rendering system plug-in, and the results are nice,
but the fact is, I hate modeling in Max. So I have come back to Pov.
    My question is this...The first picture (caustinc_ring_2.jpg) represents
a render I did with Brazil to test its caustics, the second picture
(torus.jpg) is a photon image that I did in MegaPov just trying to get some
caustics as a start. But, as you can see..it looks like absolute crap. Why
is the ring glowing like that, and why are there no caustics in the familiar
parabolic shape?
    Thanks - Oldstench

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'torus.jpg' (27 KB) Download 'caustic_ring_2.jpg' (25 KB)

Preview of image 'torus.jpg'
torus.jpg

Preview of image 'caustic_ring_2.jpg'
caustic_ring_2.jpg