POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : absolut failure : Re: absolut failure Server Time
15 Aug 2024 14:15:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: absolut failure
From: Slime
Date: 5 Jun 2002 18:50:11
Message: <3cfe95a3@news.povray.org>
> This is the best i could do.

It's not bad. Looks like the ads.

> What are those lines, tho, in the middle of the lathe?

Try "sturm", and if that doesn't work, try ever so slightly jiggling your
camera's position and the direction it's looking at. Also raise
max_trace_level, as Ben said.

You'll also need heavier AA for the final render (in fact, using focal blur
to do the AA may help remove some of those artifacts).

I also recommend you make the gradient in the white background circle more
sinusoidal/smooth; it looks too linear. If you don't know what I mean by
that then don't worry about it.

 - Slime
[ http://www.slimeland.com/ ]