POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : My dorm room... : Re: My dorm room... Server Time
15 Aug 2024 14:19:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: My dorm room...
From: Skip Talbot
Date: 2 Jun 2002 21:43:26
Message: <3cfac9be@news.povray.org>
Well, I took a tape measure to every major detail around the room so the
actual model is very precise.  The wood textures are straight out of
woods.inc but they are fairly close.

POV's radiosity lighting is fantastic BTW.  My roommate used to stay up
doing homework and I let him keep the overhead light on.  I was able to
sleep in the bottom bunk because the overhead's only illuminated half of the
bottom bunk... just like in the rendering.  The shadows produced by the
window light are very close to real life as well.  There are no conventional
light sources in this scene.

Skip