POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Alien landscape - WIP near completion : Re: Alien landscape - WIP near completion Server Time
15 Aug 2024 14:22:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Alien landscape - WIP near completion
From: Corey Woodworth
Date: 31 May 2002 12:34:25
Message: <3cf7a611@news.povray.org>
"David Heys" <sou### [at] gcinet> wrote in message
> Very reminiscent of the kind of cover art you would have found on the old
> scifi pulp mags. Looks cool. One thing..l the cracks in the ground look
> kinda of fake.

I agree about the cracks. They look too deep to be bump mapped. Scaling them
down would make them look not so deep and you could get away with the bump
map easier.

I also think you need some kinda structure where the green gas is escaping.
Something like a small fissure?

Oh and with all that green gas escaping I think it would be cool if the
coulds had some green swirled in. Maybe even other colors. It would make it
feel more like a different planet to me.

Corey