POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : [Linux] RC5 memory leak? : [Linux] RC5 memory leak? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 10:20:13 EDT (-0400)
  [Linux] RC5 memory leak?
From: Edmund Urbani
Date: 31 May 2002 06:42:22
Message: <3cf7538e@news.povray.org>
Hi!

I rendered the patio-radio.pov example (with somewhat tweaked radiosity
settings for higher quality) at a resolution of 2048x1536 with AA. It took
about 3 days on my Athlon/500 and all the time the amount of memory used by
povray was steadily increasing (to about 200MB).
Looks like a memory leak to me (or is there a good reason why povray takes
up more and more memory during rendering?).

I can post the exact settings used+modifications to patio-radio.pov here if
needed.

 Edmund