POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Sky-Sphere and Media CSG problems : Re: wave types Server Time
29 Jul 2024 10:31:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: wave types
From: bob h
Date: 31 May 2002 01:33:20
Message: <3cf70b20$1@news.povray.org>
Kynar had said:
> It seems to behave properly until the media sphere is added.  It also
seems
> to vary sometimes according to angle when the media sphere is present.  I
> have been fighting this at work for 2 days now.  Just color me frustrated.
> LOL
>
> Do you have any idea why the sky sphere is acting the way it is??

Hi John. Yeah, I believe the default wave form changed from triangle_wave to
ramp_wave for the gradient pattern.
That media sphere and cylinder light combo is a mystery to me. All I can
tell is that without media, or shadows, that the strange black disc
disappears. So it must be something wrong in the way those work together.
Well, I'm not the one to say it really has a bug since I don't know about
the program source code involved. Just pretty obvious it doesn't seem to
have a fix by trying different values for the keywords those use.
Hopefully someone else that knows something will join the discussion at the
beta-test newsgroup.

P.S. I'll add this e-mail to there.

Bob