POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Absolut Bug : Re: correction(bug still valid) Server Time
15 Aug 2024 14:12:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: correction(bug still valid)
From: Hugo
Date: 30 May 2002 17:08:15
Message: <3cf694bf$1@news.povray.org>
> you tried the storm-rootsolver ?

In my experience, the sturmian rootsolver rarely solves the problem, though
it helps a little sometimes. I don't know if the code is supposed to be
improved in Pov3.5.. If you'd like to have bug-free lathes, perhaps you
could use Ingo's mesh macros (meshes render very quickly you know) or an
isosurface (could be slow).

Otherwise try another camera location.. I do wonder, why these errors can't
easily be prevented, however..

Regards,
Hugo