POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Flowing particles again! ( 608 kbu ) : Re: Flowing particles again! ( 608 kbu ) Server Time
19 Jul 2024 23:21:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Flowing particles again! ( 608 kbu )
From: Rune
Date: 29 May 2002 11:56:13
Message: <3cf4fa1d@news.povray.org>
Tony[B] wrote:
> Question: have you been able to code a "filling"
> algorithm? So you could pour particles into a
> container and have the level of the liquid rise
> proportionately?

Hehe, this is from an FAQ I wrote which is included in the documentation
for the particle system:

Why can't I fill an object with particles, for example a glass of water?
See the next question.

Can I get the particles to interact with each other?
No. This particle system does not support particle interaction. It would
be very difficult to implement in a satisfying way in a system aimed at
so different uses as this system is. Particle interaction is better
suited for more specialized systems that are aimed at specific goals,
like for example simulating liquids. Besides, particle interaction would
not be compatible with all features of this particle system, such as
cyclic animation.

Rune
Rune's World:  http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk (updated May 20)
POV-Ray Users: http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk/povrayusers/