POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : To POV-Team: Please put "#define fabs fabs" into config.h... : Re: To POV-Team: Please put "#define fabs fabs" into config.h... Server Time
28 Jul 2024 10:23:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: To POV-Team: Please put "#define fabs fabs" into config.h...
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 28 May 2002 11:44:55
Message: <3cf3a5f7@news.povray.org>
In article <3cf38f5f@news.povray.org> , "Vadim Sytnikov" <syt### [at] rucom>
wrote:

>> So there is no problem as long as
>> you have a library that has fabs...
>
> ...and frame.h does not always re-define it, as it currently does (as you
> surely know, function prototypes cannot be detected with #ifdef...).

Well, C libraries implement this as macro rather than function, otherwise you
would be seeing compiler errors if the library is defining an appropriate
function prototype because the macro would be applied to that function
prototype as well!

>> As far as POV-Ray 3.5 is concerned, it requires a
>> C++ compiler anyway and all legacy C support has
>> been removed.
>
> Wow!... Does that mean that methods are now virtual functions, CSG_Struct
> derived from Object_Struct, etc?

Where did I say or even imply that?  I said it "requires a C++ compiler"!

I did not say nor imply nor suggest nor in any other way say anything like
that!  To the contrary, I made is explicit that "***legacy*** C support has
been removed".  Even more important, didn't you receive a reply from Nathan
about Object_Struct yesterday that already answered this question...?

    Thorsten