POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : puzzling it out : puzzling it out Server Time
28 Jul 2024 10:20:27 EDT (-0400)
  puzzling it out
From: Marc M  Adkins
Date: 27 May 2002 23:13:22
Message: <3cf2f5d2@news.povray.org>
Someone please correct me if I'm wrong...

There are no flags on the basic objects (e.g. Sphere) that differentiate one
from another.  The only way to tell one from another is the method pointers
attached to the objects when they're initialized.  Or to look at it another
way, you can poke them and see which way they run, but they don't have
nametags.

Related question...is there a body of documentation about POV-Ray internals
that I have yet to find?  The documentation about how to use it is quite
extensive, and includes some overview of the ray-tracing process.  I was
wondering if anyone had collected anypointers or FAQs about the internals
for those of us who want to venture there?

Thx,
Marc M. Adkins